Life as of late is becoming more and more "normal" - hence the lack of posts. It's a good thing though, I feel like I'm settling in here and have made some fantastic friends. Speaking of which, some of them went with me to Uruguay this past weekend because I needed a stamp on my passport.
The day began too early in the morning, stumbling to the train station at 5:45 AM. On the way I was stopped abruptly in my tracks...my hair had been caught in a low hanging vine. I blame it on the low lighting. haha!
The sunrise over the delta was simply beautiful, well I'll let you see for yourself.
So the 2 Americans, Chilean, Argentine and German made it safely across the delta to the land called Uruguay, very similar to Argentina, but still just a bit different - kinda like the US and Canada. We arrived and Colonia appeared desolate, it was before 9 AM on a Saturday morning and life around these parts doesn't really start until much later in the day. Once we changed some money over we found much needed coffee.
The day continued much like this - very chill. We found ourselves in a lighthouse, along the river, wandering down vintage streets. It was the perfect break from reality...and of course it included helado(ice cream).
Chau!
kait
3 comments:
Thanks for your post. Love to see those beautiful photos!!! You are blessed to have such wonderful adventures in other countries. Enjoy this time, my dear one!!!!
Love, mom
oh dear kaitlin,
i am so excited every time i see a new post on your blog. your pictures are amazing and all your stories are wonderful to hear. i am glad there was nothing major wrong with your stomach. i think of you often and pray for you daily! i am so glad that you have this oppurtunity. :)
love jamie
Hi Ms. Kaitlin, your mom shared your blog address with me, and I am so glad she did. It's so impressive to see how God is working in your life and how you are allowing his Holy Spirit to mature and lead you.
I wanted to let you know that we, the intercessory prayer team have been praying for you for some time. So it's so cool to literally see and experience your journey along with you. Just today (8/8) we prayed specifically for the adjustments you will need to make since your return. JWYTK, that we are standing in the gap and lifting you up in prayer Ms. Kaitlin and what a privilege it is to do so.
I also wanted to comment on the beautiful pictures, especially the sunset. When I travel to Maryland and Va, I make an effort to intentionally travel late enough where I can see God's creation and canvas. What an awesome and unique looking piece of artwork God shares with us daily.
I pray you are becoming acclamated to your surroundings. I also pray for peace as you adjust.
Blessings Kaitlin, I'm so proud of you,
Maria Banks
Post a Comment