In a matter of 24 hours I went from a very hot summer to a very cold winter. The Argentine summer is turning me into a winter wimp! The past month at school flew by, but not without its share of challenges. The proverb to "train up a child in the way he should go so that when he is old he will not depart from it" - well that has been filling my thoughts as of late. It is a difficult task to train up children. I find myself wanting to see immediate results in my students but then realizing that life is a process and just because we learn about something this week doesn't mean that it will take effect tomorrow. I have to remember my own life and how it is a journey and it builds upon itself. What my students are learning now I pray will sink into their hearts as they continue to search for God and follow His ways. My job is only to lay some of the brick - I may never see the end result - until we are all in heaven. However, right now it gets discouraging when there are little steps taken backwards when you had seen progress being made. Mad props to all you parents out there - I have a new appreciation for everything you do!

I'm also very excited to report that through the fund-raising of all the students at my school we were able to purchase brand new flip flops for all the children at La Puerta del Cielo Children's Home! The owner of the shop were we bought the sandals even gave us a special deal on them! It was very exciting for Donna, Claudio and I to go and give each child their own pair of flip flops. They were excited to receive them. And not only that, but we were able to get the materials to put up a net-like shade to provide some respite from the intense sun in the back play area and also to keep their balls in the yard. Every time we go to play within 5 minutes the balls we bring have gone over the wall usually never to be seen again. God is so good in his provision and allowing us to be able to help in this way.

I am so excited to be able to be His hands and feet. Friends of ours are putting up the shade while I'm here in the States - I can't wait to go back and see the finished product! Our next project for the kids is to purchase brand new shoes for when they start school in mid-February. The shoes they have right now have holes or don't properly fit their feet. We are hoping to be able to buy shoes for each child that fits their feet. If anyone is interested in helping us with this, send me a message and I can let you know how. Some of you have already given money for the shoes and I am extremely grateful. THANK YOU!


Well, tomorrow is Christmas - I can't believe it! A year ago I was anticipating an email from my current boss with information on coming to Argentina. Now I have an entire year under my belt and I'm loving my current place in life. God is so good! I can't wait to see family tomorrow that I haven't seen in quite some time because of traveling.
Peace to you from the God of all Peace. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Feliz Navidad
kait
No comments:
Post a Comment