Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Adventure of my Lifetime (so far)

Alright, I'm gonna try my hand again at this whole blogging thing. This past week has been so surreal. I feel like I was walking through a dream or something. I can't believe that in just over 24 hours I will be boarding a plane and not getting off until it reaches Beijing. I've been planning this for so long, and now its finally happening.

I move out of my condo today. Its raining, not gonna be a fun mix for packing the van. My bed is covered with clothes that haven't been packed yet. I tried and tried to get it all to fit in the 2 suitcases I have, but it just wasn't going to happen. Thanks Mom and Dad for bailing me out on that. Traveling for 2 monthes in the winter months makes packing more tricky...and even less fun.

Yesterday I finished up my first student teaching placement at a school near Philadelphia. I could not have asked for a better experience. I learned so much and had an excellent co-operating teacher. The kids were a challenge at times, but I made it. My co-op had some good things to say to me yesterday as I left the classroom for the last time. He said that I should be encouraged that I handled such a feat so well in 6-8 weeks. I'm gonna miss those kids. They gave me letters and notes yesterday before they went home for the weekend. I was attacked by hug after hug. Some kids I had no idea I impacted the way I did in such a short time.

Well, now its off to a new group of kids and a whole new adventure. Thank you for your support and prayers. I will try harder to keep up with this thing and let you know how my adventure is going. I do not plan to return home without seeing the Great Wall, or a panda.

Speaking of pandas, I do have a travel companion named Kung Fu. Danielle, my brother's girlfriend gave me a stuffed panda last weekend - Kung Fu is definitely coming with me. =)

So long for now. Next time I write I will be on the other side of the world!
-kait and kung fu

No comments: